The Superintendent at Vanguard Construction & Development Co., Inc. is primarily responsible for day-to-day field planning, staffing and a supervisor on the active job site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personnel Management of all site staff.
- Verify accuracy of drawing plan measurements of floors, walls, ceilings, etc. Identify discrepancies and take corrective action with Estimating or Project Manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in planning job schedule to ensure schedule takes into account current tenant work schedules and building access/elevator usage for oversized materials.
- Schedule with Project Manager weekly project construction meetings with subcontractors, architects, engineers, other vendors and owner to discuss project status.
- Schedule the routing and delivery of materials and take appropriate precautions to prevent job-site theft.
- Submit daily reports and document issues that impact the project schedule or will impact project budget and assign resolution to appropriate individuals in attendance.
- Make active attempts to resolve labor disputes and personnel problems. Take unresolved issues to Project Manager and Director of Operations when needed.
- Recommend overtime work requests to Project Manager and obtain appropriate security clearances for approved overtime.
- Establish effective working relationships with client, architects, building manager, building engineer and others.
- Actively enforce all building regulations regarding noise, use of elevators, security, etc.
- Ensure outstanding project safety, subcontractor performance, on-time scheduling, specification conformance and quality control (i.e. daily toolbox talks, etc)
- Obtain client and or architect signature on final punch list completion certificate.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MUST have a valid New York State Superintendent’s license
- MUST have a valid SST Card
- MUST have a valid 30 hour OSHA certificate
- Work experience should include some supervisory responsibility as a General Foreman, Field Engineer or Assistant Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science or equivalent work experience (minimum 5 years)
- Good interpersonal skills and diplomacy valued.
- Facility reading and interpreting plans and shop drawings mandatory as is experience building in Manhattan
*Applicant must be a New York Metropolitan area resident.
*Must have or be willing to receive the Covid-19 Vaccine.