- Manage project cost to maintain profitability.
- Creates and maintains strong working relationships with all professional groups involved in the project.
- Develop and maintain project schedules. In addition, ensure client and subcontractors have project schedules.
- Facilitates weekly project meetings with owner, owner’s rep, vendors, subcontractors and other stakeholders connected with the project. In addition, prepare and distribute meeting minutes showing agreement reached, tasks assigned and related information.
- Oversee Assistant Project Manager and Superintendent assigned to projects.
- Provide oversight for the accurate and timely completion of all paperwork and other administrative aspects required for assigned projects.
- Ensure construction materials are ordered timely for assigned projects
- Review subcontractor and vendor invoices throughout the lifecycle of the project and approve for payment or negotiate appropriate changes with subcontractor.
- Ensure insurances are submitted.
- Review Submission, Change Order, Request For Information Logs completed by Assistant Project Managers.
- Submit monthly pencil requisitions.
- Ensure Quality and OSHA control on job sites. Have superintendent document accidents.
- Prepare Change Orders as needed.
- Report work progress and budget matters to clients.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems as needed.
- Notify Director of Operations of any situations that would have a significant impact on the completion date, cost or quality.
- Ensure punch list completion.
The Project Manager (PM) is a pivotal position at Vanguard Construction & Development Inc. Their primary responsibility is to plan, coordinate, and supervise construction projects from inception to completion. They will report directly to the Director of Construction.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MUST have previous work experience (minimum 5-7 years) working for a General Contractor or Project Manager in Construction/Architecture/Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent
- Excellent decision-making, financial analysis and oral and written communications skills required.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects and Outlook.
- Must be experiences using Timberline, Procore or similar software’s
Founded in 1986, Vanguard Construction & Development Co, Inc. is a full-service New York City based construction firm providing Pre-Construction and Construction Management, General Construction and consulting services to clients throughout the New York / Tri-State area. With over 100 diverse and dedicated professionals on staff, we service the following sectors:
- Commercial Interiors
- Restaurants / Hospitality
- Core and Shell / Ground-up / Infrastructure
- Lobby / Façade / Base Building work
- Historic Preservation
*Applicant must be a New York Metropolitan area resident.
*Must have or be willing to receive the Covid-19 Vaccine.